2020 TOURNAMENT DETAILS
OPEN & NET CHAMPIONSHIP
Full Field: 42 Teams / Division
(Select one qualifying site)
QUALIFYING SITE #1
Mayfair Lakes Golf & CC
Thursday, October 1, 2020 (10am start).
OPEN YARDAGE: Approx. 6,600 yards.
NET YARDAGE: Approx. 6,200 yards
QUALIFYING SITE #2
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
Saturday, October 3, 2020 (10am start)
OPEN YARDAGE: Approx. 6,700 yards
NET YARDAGE: Approx. 6,200 yards
- The OPEN Championship is a 2-player “Scratch” team event available to all Professionals and Amateurs (or Juniors) with a registered GOLF CANADA handicap of 5.0 or less. No strokes are given in this event.
- The NET Championship is a 2-player “NET” team event available to all Amateurs and Juniors with a current registered GOLF CANADA index of 18.0 & under.
18-HOLE QUALIFYING FORMAT:
- OPEN EVENT
The OPEN QUALIFYING tournament is an 18-hole, two-player (team) event based on best ball medal gross score. The top 16 teams out of a maximum 42 will qualify to play in the 16 Team OPEN DIVISION Match Play Draw commencing Oct.4th at Sandpiper Golf Course.
- NET EVENT
The Net qualifying tournament is an 18-hole, two player (team) event based on best ball medal NET SCORE (using 75% of each player’s handicap). The top 16 teams out of a maximum 42 will qualify to play in the 16 Team NET DIVISION Match Play Draw commencing on Oct.4 at Sandpiper Golf Course.
The # of teams advancing from each qualifying site will be based on the total # of teams qualifying at each qualifying site versus the total qualifying field size.
FOR EXAMPLE (based on full 42 Open & 42 Net Teams registered):
- 18 Teams Qualifying at Site 1: # of teams qualifying = 18/42 x 16 available spots = 7 Teams qualify
- 24 Teams qualifying at Site 2: # of teams qualifying = 24/42 x 16 available spots = 9 Teams qualify
- 21 Teams Qualifying at each site: # of teams qualifying = 21/42 x 16 available spots = 8 Teams qualify / site
Our attempt to simplify things will be to have 21 Gross and 21 Net teams qualify at each venue with the top 8 teams qualifying from each site in the OPEN and NET tournaments.
TIES & PLAYOFFS:
In case of a tie for the final qualifying spot at any site, a playoff will commence immediately to determine the final team(s) entered in the OPEN or NET tournament.
SEEDINGS & HANDICAPS FOR MATCH PLAY DRAW:
Teams will be seeded #1 to #16 based on their Gross Best Ball Score (OPEN DIVISION) or Net best ball score using 75% handicaps (NET DIVISION) from qualifying against the rating of the qualifying course.
MATCH PLAY SCHEDULE (OPEN & NET)
- Round of 16: Sunday, Oct.4th - Sandpiper Golf Resort (10:00-12:30)
- Quarter-Finals: Saturday, Oct.10th - Ledgeview Golf & CC (11:30-13:00)
- Semi-Finals: Saturday, Oct.17th - Langara Golf Course (10:00-10:30)
- Finals: Sunday, Oct.18th - Richmond Country Club (13:09 / 13:18)
MATCH PLAY PRIZING (OPEN & NET)
- TOTAL PRIZE PURSE: $12,500 based on 84 teams registered.
- FIRST PLACE OPEN TEAM: $3,000/Team* ($1,500/ea) based on 42 teams registered
- FIRST PLACE ‘NET’ TEAM: $1,500/Team* ($750/ea.) based on 42 teams registered
*Amateurs are entitled to a maximum prize value of $1,000 per person. If the winning team in the OPEN DIVISION consists of one Pro and one Amateur, the Professional would win a maximum $1,500 cash prize and his/her amateur partner will win a $1,000 VGT Prize voucher. The balance of the $500 will be dispersed and shared between the Runners-up, Semi and Quarter-finalists.
MATCH PLAY ENTRY FEES:
- Professional: $175+GST/player = $183.75/pp
- Amateur: $125+GST/player = $131.25/pp
FULL TEAM Entry Fees must be paid before your team is confirmed in the tournament.
- BOTH players are REQUIRED to fill out the ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM.
- Pay the FULL TEAM ENTRY FEE either by E-transfer or by credit card payment online.
- WE PREFER ONE PERSON TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE TEAM & HAVE THE OTHER PARTNER E-TRANSFER YOU HIS/HER SHARE OF THE TEAM PAYMENT
- In cases of a new team relationship, please both pay your single player entry fees in order to confirm your team’s entry.
- Qualifying Sites will be filled on a first-come-first serve basis!!
ONLINE TEAM REGISTRATION FORM: ACCESS HERE
SINGLE PLAYERS LOOKING TO PLAY:
If players want to enter the event as a single looking for a partner, they may do so.
- Please enter “NEED PARTNER” on the online form.
- Submit form and payment.
- Pairings will be done randomly based on date of their entry being received.
- Your Team entry will be confirmed only when we have received 2 x single PAID entries in the same Division (Open or Net) and same qualifying venue.
QUALIFYING FEE INCLUDES:
- Amateur Entry Includes:
18-holes of qualifying, lunch, 3 Srixon Z-Star balls + range warmup (where range available)
- Professional Entry includes:
18-holes of qualifying, lunch, range warmup (where range is available)
- Amateurs are required to pay a green fee in Round of 16, ¼ Finals & Semi-Finals (see below).
- Amateur fees in round play includes green fee, range warmup + meal voucher in those rounds.
- Pros will be required to pay a $10/fee for their meal voucher in the Round of 16, Quarter-finals & Semi-finals.
- Green fees & luncheon cost will be waived for all Finalists.
Players are reminded to review the VGT Policies and Procedures outlining all cancellation and no-show fees: https://vancouvergolftour.com/legal/
MATCH PLAY ROUND GREEN FEES:
The following green fees are outlined below for Amateurs & Pros at each match play round:
- Round of 16 @ Sandpiper: Amateur Fee: $60+GST- includes green fee & $10 voucher.
- Round of 16 @ Sandpiper: Pro Fee: $10 for lunch voucher.
- Quarter-Finals @ Ledgeview: Amateur Fee: $60+GST - includes green fee, range + $10 voucher
- Quarter-Finals @ Ledgeview: Pro Fee: $10 for lunch voucher.
- Semi-Finals @ Langara: Amateur Fee: TBA ($50-$60 max) to include Green Fee + lunch voucher.
- Semi-Finals @ Langara: Pro Fee: $10 for lunch voucher.
- Finals @ Richmond Country Club: NO FEES for Pros or Amateurs
Event is SOLD OUT - Thank You!