2021 TOURNAMENT DETAILS
OPEN & NET CHAMPIONSHIP
Full Field: 51 Teams / Division
(Teams Select & Register for One Qualifying Site)
QUALIFYING SITE #1
Meadow Gardens Golf Club
Friday, October 8
11:00 start (30 teams)
QUALIFYING SITE #2
Royalwood Golf & RV
Saturday, October 9
10:00 start (36 teams)
QUALIFYING SITE #3
Sandpiper Golf Resort
Sunday, October 10
9:30 start (36 teams)
- The OPEN Championship is a 2-player "Scratch" team event available to all Professionals and Amateurs (or Juniors) with a registered GOLF CANADA handicap of 5.0 or less. No strokes are given in this event.
- The NET Championship is a 2-player "NET" team event available to all Amateurs and Juniors with a current registered GOLF CANADA index of 18.0 & under.
18-HOLE QUALIFYING FORMAT:
- OPEN EVENT
The OPEN QUALIFYING tournament is an 18-hole, two-player (team) event based on best ball medal gross score. The top 22 teams (+2019 & 2020 Champions for 24 total) will qualify to play in the OPEN DIVISION Match Play Draw commencing Oct. 16 at Golden Eagle GC - North Course. The top 6 seeds from qualifying + 2019 & 2020 Champions will earn a BYE to the Round of 16 on Oct.17.
- NET EVENT
The NET QUALIFYING tournament is an 18-hole, two player (team) event based on best ball medal NET SCORE (using 75% of each player’s handicap). The top 22 teams (+2019 & 2020 Champions for 24 total) will qualify to play in the NETDIVISION Match Play Draw commencing on Oct. 16 at Golden Eagle North Course. The top 6 seeds from qualifying + 2019 + 2020 Champions earn a BYE into the Round of 16 on Oct. 17.
The number of teams advancing from each qualifying site will be based on the total # of teams qualifying at each qualifying site versus the total qualifying field size.
BASED ON A FULL FIELD AT EACH QUALIFYING SITE (PER DIVISION):
- 15 Teams Qualifying at Site 1: # of teams qualifying = 15/42 x 22 available spots = 6 Teams qualify
- 18 Teams qualifying at Site 2: # of teams qualifying = 18/42 x 22 available spots = 8 Teams qualify
- 18 Teams Qualifying at Site 3: # of teams qualifying = 18/42 x 22 available spots = 8 Teams qualify
TIES & PLAYOFFS:
In case of a tie for the final qualifying spot at any site, a playoff will commence immediately to determine the final team(s) entered in the OPEN or NET tournament.
SEEDINGS & HANDICAPS FOR MATCH PLAY DRAW:
Teams will be seeded #3 to #24 based on their Gross Best Ball Score (OPEN DIVISION) or Net best ball score using 75% handicaps (NET DIVISION) from qualifying against the rating of the qualifying course. 2019 & 2020 Champions in both divisions will take the #1 & #2 seeding into the Match Play draw.
MATCH PLAY PRIZING (OPEN & NET)
- TOTAL PRIZE PURSE: $15,000 based on 102 teams registered.
- FIRST PLACE OPEN TEAM: $4,000/Team* ($2,000/ea) based on 51 teams registered
- FIRST PLACE ‘NET’ TEAM: $2,000/Team* ($1'000/ea.) based on 51 teams registered
*Amateurs are entitled to a maximum prize value of $1,000 per person. If the winning team in the OPEN DIVISION consists of one Pro and one Amateur, the Professional would win a maximum $2,000 cash prize and his/her amateur partner will win a $1,000 VGT Prize voucher. The balance of the $1,000 will be dispersed and shared between the Runners-up, Semi and Quarter-finalists.
MATCH PLAY ENTRY FEES:
- Professional: $175+GST/player = $183.75/pp
- Amateur: $130+GST/player = $136.50/pp
- OPEN Team Entry Fee: Consists of either 2 Pros, 2 Ams or 1 Pro & 1 Am.
- NET Team Entry Fee: Consists of 2 Amateurs.
QUALIFYING FEE INCLUDES:
- Amateur Entry Includes:
18-holes of qualifying, lunch, 3 Srixon Z-Star balls + range warmup (where range available)
- Professional Entry includes:
18-holes of qualifying, lunch, range warmup (where range is available)
- Amateurs are responsible for paying the applicable green fee in the Opening Match Play Round, the Round of 16 and the ¼ Finals.
- Where a meal is provided, all Pros will be required to pay a $10/fee for their meal voucher in the Opening Round, the Round of 16 and the Quarter-finals.
- Green fees & luncheon cost will be waived for all Semi-Finalists and Finalists.
Players are reminded to review the VGT Policies and Procedures outlining all cancellation and no-show fees: https://vancouvergolftour.com/legal/
FULL TEAM Entry Fees must be paid before your team is confirmed in the tournament.
- Please have one player on the team register for the Qualifying Tournament of their choice through Golf Genius.
- Please have one player on the team pay the full team entry fee through Golf Genius and make arrangements to have your playing partner e-transfer you their share of the entry.
- Qualifying Sites will be filled on a first-come-first serve basis!!
SINGLE PLAYERS LOOKING TO PLAY:
If players want to enter the event as a single looking for a partner, they may do so.
- In cases of a player looking for a partner to play in the event, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, handicap, NET or OPEN event, and your preferred qualifier site.
- Pairings will be done randomly based on date of their entry being received.
- Your Team entry will be confirmed only when we have received 2 x single entries in the same Division (Open or Net) and same qualifying venue.
MATCH PLAY ROUND GREEN FEES:
The following green fees are outlined below for Amateurs & Pros at each match play round:
- Oct. 16 - OPENING ROUND @ Golden Eagle GC (North Course): 10am Start
Amateur Fee: $65+GST (inc. green fee + $10 voucher)
Pro Fee = $10 (includes $10 voucher)
- Oct. 17 - ROUND OF 16 @ Ledgeview: 11am Start
Amateur Fee: $35+GST
Pro Fee: $15+GST
- Oct. 23 - QUARTER-FINALS @ Mayfair Lakes Golf & CC: 11:30am Start
Amateur Fee: $69+GST (includes $10 voucher)
Pro Fee: $10+GST (includes $10 voucher)
- Oct. 24 - SEMI-FINALS @ Langara Golf Course: 12:30pm Start.
No Green Fees for all players & lunch provided
- Oct. 30 - FINALS @ Fraserview Golf Course: 11:55am Start.
No Green Fees for all players & lunch provided
October 1, 2021, @ 8pm or when the field is full with paid teams. 2020 Event SOLD OUT EARLY!